What are we looking for?
- An Editor for Snowboard Canada.
Why should you come work with us?
- You’ll get to create a high-quality coffee table publication, focused on awesome Canadian adventures.
- You’ll get to continue the SBC legacy while working with some of the world’s top writers, photographers, athletes, brands, and resorts.
- We have a new owner who is committed to making the investment to assure every SBC magazine kicks ass.
- We are now a part of a stable company with many resources including state of the art printers and printing facilities, internal web developers, and in-house financial and legal teams.
- Our new approach to digital content and social media will let you communicate directly with those who make the SBC brand what it is. Our readers.
- Jay, our new owner, is buds with both Wayne and Lil Wayne. NBD.
Snowboard Canada is the leading snowboarding media brand in Canada reaching a wide audience through a variety of platforms. We reach a highly engaged readership and have a very strong social media presence. We are looking for an editor to take charge of content across all platforms: website, print magazine, social media and events. This is a great opportunity for an action-sports enthusiast who wants to work in a fast-paced environment, is prepared to take the initiative, and wants work to a high standard of editorial excellence. The ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years experience in an editorial management role and a thorough knowledge of the snowboarding culture and industry in Canada.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Filomena@cjoysterpublishing.com using the subject line Snowboard Editor
- Determine and execute editorial vision of the magazine
- Work with and manage all contributors to generate content
- Edit all work to ensure adherence to magazine style
- Work with a photo editor and an art director
- Take charge of the website with regular uploads with goal of generating and growing traffic
- Take lead in generating user content
- Manage all social media platforms
- Represent the magazine at industry functions and trade shows
- Some travel may be required
- We regret that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Snowboard Canada is published by C.J. Oyster Publishing, a member of the C.J. Group of Companies, one of the largest privately owned communications and graphics solutions firms in Canada. The C.J. Group of Companies offers a complete suite of services that includes traditional lithography, digital printing, large-format production, screen printing, interactive solutions, bindery services, fulfillment and logistics services, and publishing. Jay Mandarino founded C.J. Graphics more than 35 years ago and has steadily grown it into the multi-faceted company it is today.